When you are feeling sexual, the last thing on your mind is the health benefits.
But there are many ways that having sex can keep you healthy. Joy Davidson, Ph.D., a psychologist and sex therapist from New York, points out that, “Our sexuality adds to our life and enhances our life and our health, both physical and psychological.”
This is a surprise to many people.
1. Stress Relief – One big health benefit from sex is the way in which it reduces both stress level and blood pressure. Researchers in Scotland studied 22 men and 24 women to determine how sex relieves stress.
The subjects kept a record of their sexual activity. They were then placed in situations that cause stress, such as speaking in public and doing math problems. The subjects who had regular sexual activity showed better responses than those who abstained from sex.
The Many Health Benefits of Sex
2. Improved Immunity – Having intercourse once or twice a week can boost your levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IGA. Katienicholl
This protects the body from getting infections and colds.
Students who had less sex had lower levels of this antibody. The Many Health Benefits of Sex
3. Burning Calories – Patti Britton, PhD and president of the American Association of Sexuality Educators and Therapists reports that sex is a wonderful way of exercising.
It takes work to do it right, and you can burn up to 85 calories during thirty minutes of sexual activity. While that may not sound impressive, it does add up.
Having sex for half an hour 42 times, you can burn off 3,570 calories and that is enough to drop a pound. Health fitness tips for burning calories includes having SEX.
4. Cardiovascular Health – Researchers from the United Kingdom have discovered that men who have sex twice or more in a week have cut the chances of having a fatal heart attack in half.
And while many older people tend to be concerned that they could have a stroke due to the exertion of sex, this is far from true.
The same researchers kept track of 914 men for twenty years and there was no correlation between sex and strokes.
5. Improved Self-Esteem – A study conducted at the University of Texas showed that feeling better about themselves is one of the many reasons that people engage in sexual activity.
Gina Ogden, Ph.D. says that she has found that people who have good self-esteem will have sex to feel better about themselves. They already have good self-esteem and sexual activity simply improves the way they feel. Sexual health tips include a boost to your self-esteem.
6. Pain relief – An increase in endorphins and oxytocin (the hormone that helps us to trust and feel love) reduces pain, and both are increased during sexual activity. Health tips for conditions such as headaches, arthritis, and other painful problems can include regular sex.
7. Prostate Cancer Reduction – In a study of men, researchers discovered that when men are in their 20s, frequent ejaculations reduced their probability of contracting prostate cancer later in life by as much as one-third.
Health tips for men often include this information.
8. Strengthening Pelvic Muscles – Women who tightened their pelvic muscles during sex can reduce their chances of stress incontinence later in life.
If they tighten up their Kegel muscles during sex, it makes it more pleasurable and will strengthen the muscles needed to stop leaking urine when they get older.
To do this, simply tighten the muscles you would use to stop urine flow. Just another of the many sexual health tips!
To summarize, there are many health tips that come from sexual activity. Health fitness tips and sexual health tips go hand in hand to improve life.
Sex can help you in ways you never knew about. And it helps you sleep better too!
Read More: Katienicholl